Getting your beauty sleep
It’s not called ‘beauty sleep’ for nothing. Sleep is the cheapest and best beauty treatment available. So if you’re looking for an easy way to get gorge, head to bed early.
Here’s how to prepare for a good night’s sleep:
• Get up and go to bed every day at approximately the same time, even at the weekend – the body craves a regular sleeping time.
• Switch off! The telly, your mobile, laptop...whatever...get it off. Looking at and being distracted by screens is a big reason why teenagers have difficulty falling asleep.
• Avoid caffeine in the evenings. Leave the tea, coffee and fizzy drinks for daytime.
• Take a warm bath before bed...how about a bubble bath? Lush! Relax , soak and chill out.
• Have a glass of herbal tea or warm milk with honey. Yum.
• Exercise regularly in the day to help you sleep better at night.
• Keep a journal. Getting your worries out of your head and onto paper may help you quiet your mind just enough to get some rest. But do it the old fashioned way...not at your computer.