Girlfriends, like food, water and lip gloss, are a basic need - a mandatory component to a girl's happiness. And if you're extremely lucky you might wind up sharing secrets and adventures for the rest of your life. Keep this bond alive with our tips…
1. Express how much you appreciate her. Make her a playlist of all her favourite tunes or give her a hug for no reason.
2. Listen carefully when she talks. Congratulate her victories and commiserate with her defeats. There's nothing more supportive than a person who really listens to you.
3. Put your relationship above all others. Don’t let her down for someone you hardly know.
4. Keep her secrets. She trusts you. Don't ever betray that trust.
5. Stand up for her, whether she's around or not. She has to know she can count on you to be on her side.
6. Tell her when you're upset with her. Try to work out your problems, not bury them.
7. If you do argue, measure your words. Don’t shout. Tell her how you feel and why.
8. Apologize if you've made a mistake. Remember - it's better to lose the fight than the friend.
While guys have friends they do stuff with, girls share their lives, on an intimate level, with their friends. These relationships are strong enough to raise self esteem, battle peer pressure and last for a lifetime. How lucky we are.